|My best shot came from the Fuji. Meh.|
Saturday, June 27, 2020
Friday, June 26, 2020
|I'm guessing my photography won't look nearly as good as this.|
Today's Riot Wrapup
Protesters lit fires and looted and damaged businesses in North Portland early Friday morning, Portland Police Bureau said...At around 10 p.m., police said several hundred people had gathered outside the precinct. The demonstrators arrived with supplies and began erecting a fence that stretched from the south side of the North Precinct to the north side of the Boys and Girls Club. While building the fence, police said the demonstrators blocked northbound traffic on Northeast Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.While this was happening, police said demonstrators began throwing items at officers, including glass bottles.By 11 p.m., police said the demonstrators were moving dumpsters and other barriers around the precinct. Some began ramming dumpsters into garage doors on the west side of the North Precinct to try and get inside the building, police said. When they couldn't get the garage doors open, police said the demonstrators began barricading exit doors so officers and people in custody inside the building could not get out.At 12 a.m., police said a demonstrator in the crowd began yelling over a bullhorn that they were "going to burn the building down." ...Police said someone launched a mortar onto the roof of the North Precinct building at 1:40 a.m. and at that point, officers began using crowd control munitions.At around 2:15 a.m., demonstrators had set the north side of the North Precinct on fire.
Thursday, June 25, 2020
- In Atlanta, traffic stops are down 80%. No big deal? Total arrests are down 71%. The cops have walked off the job while still getting paid.
- Chicago set a record for shootings last weekend. The middle of the week hasn't been much of an improvement.
- Minneapolis had at least 1600 gunshots in the last 30 days, almost all of which came from the black neighborhoods.
- In Tampa, cops were ambushed by a black mob when they responded to a call about a shooting in a black neighborhood.
- New York City shootings have doubled since the anti-police riots began.
- In Portland, the police allowed an anti-cop mob to lock them in one of their precinct houses. They didn't come out to defend it, but cowered inside.
- In Seattle ... whatever. That place is hopeless.
- Update: In Milwaukee, a mob attacked the police and firemen as they responded to a case of missing teenage girls. All I can say is that it's time we defunded the fire department!
|Dads matter. A lot.|
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
If the person alleging the hate crime claims a noose was involved, it's a hoax.
|It's a loop in a garage door pull rope.|
|My favorite meme of the incident. Bubba likes to wear an "I Can't Breathe" t-shirt because activism is his primary job.|
NASCAR made this video because a grown man was afraid of his garage door— Matt Walsh (@MattWalshBlog) June 24, 2020
|Black Lives Matter is a completely noble and righteous organization that cares deeply for the safety and success of all black people. They are not an amoral, predatory group of race-hustling, Nazi-like goons.|
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
Monday, June 22, 2020
It could also be that not everyone marched or changed their Facebook avatars to black squares. It's hard to tell. We need Science to point the way here.
Investigators are looking for the person who hung a mannequin dressed like a police officer from an overpass in Jacksonville, Florida.
Sunday, June 21, 2020
That’s a really interesting statement. Can you elaborate?— Ted Anthony (@anthonyted) June 20, 2020
Ragged Red Rules
Countering Violence With Retreat
And Francis Scott Key is down, *right* as a police officer says “you’ve made your point, we’re not gonna let you pull this statue down,” with the crowd cheering and shouting “next one!” pic.twitter.com/8sbjmhMRXf— Joe Rivano Barros (@jrivanob) June 20, 2020
Nothing Is Changing
|Reading proficiency scores from South Senior High School in Minneapolis.|
|Reading proficiency scores from East High School in Cheyenne.|
- If racism is such a huge problem, why are black kids doing better in ultra-white, Trump +40 Wyoming than in ultra-progressive, pluralistic Minneapolis? With nothing to slow down the redneck KKK there, wouldn't you expect the black children to be brutalized to the point of catatonia? How can they study with all that hate? It's almost like racism, particularly on the right, is not a big factor.
- If blacks were inferior, why would they excel anywhere? They're doing it in Cheyenne. It's almost like race is irrelevant. Crazy!